Balaton Cherries - Pick up day, Thursday, August 3rd FARM PICK UP
Choose between a 20 lb or 4 quart box of hand-picked Balaton cherries reserved for you to pick up from our roadside farm stand on Thursday, August 3rd between 9 AM and 11 AM. (OR leave a note in comments if you wish to come in afternoon/evening).
Balaton Cherries are great for preserving! They make great pie! Also great for preserving or freezing! Fantastic in homemade jam, chutney, or icecream. Preserve some for use later this winter by washing and pitting them. Then arrange in a single layer on cookie sheet and freeze. Then transfer to resealable freezer container, and enjoy during the winter months. Frozen Balatons are great in smoothies and margaritas!
We will have your order marked with your name on it, and waiting for you in our SELF-SERVE Farmstand.
1. Where do I go? Our farmstand is located at our farm at 7990 E Horn Road, Lake Leelanau, MI. We are located approximately 1 mile north of M-204 on Horn Road (about halfway in between 45 North Winery and Aurora Cellars Winery). Look for the big red truck planted with flowers in front of our driveway.
3. What if it rains? We will still have your cherries ready for you!
4. Can I just order over the phone by calling Bardenhagen Berries at 231-271-3026? No. We just can't handle managing phone orders and our current harvest activities.
5. What if something happens and I can’t pick up my berries? We are not offering refunds once your cherries have been picked and are waiting for you in our farmstand. If you are unable to make it, please try to arrange to have someone else pick up your cherries in your place. If you need to cancel or reschedule your order, please contact us at least 12 hours in advance by calling 231-271-3026.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS & ANSWERS REGARDING BARDENHAGEN BERRIES:
- What is the best way to store my cherries if I am not going to use them right away? If not using right away, we suggest storing in refrigerator. For maximum enjoyment, we suggest enjoying the same day they were picked, and then buying more!
- What is a good way to enjoy Bardenhagen Berries in the winter? Simply wash, remove pits, arrange in a single layer on cookie sheet and put in freezer. Once frozen, transfer to resealable freezer bags to store and enjoy in your favorite recipe (smoothies, jam, etc.) during the rest of the year!
- Thank you for supporting local!